Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Python As A Hobby: What and Why Python?

Welcome to my programming tutorial: Python As A Hobby!


I. Introduction to Python.
1. What is Python?
Python is a programming language. We all know that programming language is the way human talk/communicate to/with devices. Devices may be computers, phones or any automatic machines. If you got a machine, there must be some ways to communicate with it and to tell this machine to do what you want (lift this, remove that, ...). In the other way, this machine also tell you about what it need (need gas, more water, ...). How they can do that. The answer is the programming languages.

Python was conceived in the late 1980s and its implementation was started in December 1989 by Guido van Rossum at CWI in the Netherlands as a successor to the ABC programming language (itself inspired by SETL)capable of exception handling and interfacing with the Amoeba operating system.
2. Why Python?
Every language has its own advantage. Some are fast, the others are easy to write (easy for coding),... I don't want to list all the advantages of Python because you can easily find it in the internet. I just want to point out the most important thing why I chose Python as my programming language.
"It is one of the most used programming language in Linux community."
As far as I know, there are alot of programmers in the open-source community used Python. Do you wonder why? When I first found this, I must give Python a try.
After give Python a try, I decided it is my programming language.
I don't want to convice you to give up your current language, I just believe that It is harmless for you to give it a try and after that, the choice is yours. No one can make this for you.
3. Where are the docs?
The most famous is that: Python Website.
Here you can download, install, and get the documents about Python.
The static link of this tutorial here: Python as a hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment