You don't need special toothpaste if you've got Photoshop! The dodge tool makes quick work of whitening and brightening your smile.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Open the image.
- Go to Image > Duplicate and close the original.
- Go to View > New View. This will open a duplicate window of the same image.
- Zoom one of the windows so that you can see the teeth as large as possible. Set the other window view to 100%.
- Arrange the two windows so you can see both the zoomed view and the 100% view at the same time.
- Select the Dodge tool.
- In the options palette select midtones and set the exposure to about 20%.
- Select a small, soft brush. Be sure the brush is smaller than the teeth.
- Carefully paint over the teeth with the dodge tool.
- Too much brightness will make the image look faked. If you overdo it, go to Edit > Fade in Photoshop 6.0 or later. (Filter > Fade Dodge Tool in Photoshop 5.5 or earlier)
- For better accuracy, select the teeth before working with the dodge tool.